HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Wire Chandelier and Some Pops of Pink for Valentine's


One of the items we get asked about if it made the move and where it went is the wire candle chandelier that was above our dining room table in our last house. Well, yes, it did indeed make the move and has been sitting out on our porch in a corner for the last six months. The plan is to eventually hang it out there above the table but we are still making some decisions on the flow of things out there (we'd like to add another door so we can add a small patio off the right side of it) so until then I am holding off on hanging it. I figured it might be fun to add it in here even though it's not ideal or a good long-term spot for it. Eventually I want to hang something here above the table to replace the light we removed (it's the one place left in this room that could use a light) and even have a light fixture in mind, but I am holding off on that based on a couple other decisions we are waiting on. So, in the meantime I figured instead of this just sitting out on the porch I might as well hang it in here, even if it's just for a month or two until we get the porch figured out.


We also added some pink in the living room. The girls wanted more pink and seeing how I don't see the pink living permanently in our house besides in their room  (even though I do think it's fun to have pops of it sometimes) I just moved the pillows from the guest room down here and we moved some pillows from our study up into the guest bedroom (and I LOVE how they look in there - I took some pictures and will add those soon) and added some pillows from the attic back into the study. That's part of what I love so much about decorating with a neutral background. It is so easy to move things from room to room and change things up a bit. They love it down here but I think come February 15th I'll be moving the pink pillows up to their room. =)


Now that Trader Joe's has tulips again and they are just $1.99 I am back to having lots and lots of tulips in the house. =)

The little jar was a candle from Target but once it was finished I decided to keep it as a vase. 

The pillows are both from Target. 






My mother-in-law got me this beautiful marble board and also a matching rolling pin for my birthday. They are so pretty I am almost nervous to use them. 


 Here's a little reminder of what this room looked like when we moved in back at the end of June.



And what this side of the room looked like:


SOURCE LIST:

Fireplace, Cabinet and Trim Color: London Fog in Semi-Gloss
Wall Color: was here when we moved but very similar to Simply White in Matte
Flush Mount Drum Shade Fixture - Lowe's (Think it was called the Valencia Flush Mount)
All appliances are Whirlpool and were purchased at Lowe's during their Memorial Day Sale
Pendants - These were a hand-me-down from my mom and they worked perfectly in here
Circular Mirror - Antique Farmhouse (from my sister, Dana)
Oversized Chalkboard - made by me 
Metal Island Cart - IKEA
Three-Tiered Wire Basket - Collections at Laurel and Grove in Peterborough, NH
Metal Baskets - Joss and Main
Dishes - Emma Collection from Pottery Barn
Chocolate Cups and Saucers - L. A. Burdick (from my sister, Jamie)
Canisters - Williams-Sonoma
Pillows - Home Goods, Target, Dear Lillie, made by my mom
Table - Pier 1 years ago and has since been painted with AS Chalk Paint in French Linen
All Dining Chairs - IKEA
Sectional - IKEA
Chevron Picture Frames - tutorial here
Tufted Chairs - TJMaxx
Script Chairs - TJMaxx
Painted French Cabinet - makeover here
TV Console - Antique shop in Camden, SC
Frames above chairs - tutorial here
Sconces - RH Baby and Child
Mirror - Restoration Hardware
Rocking Horse - RH Baby and Child
Urns on Fireplace - Seasons in Williamsburg (years ago on clearance)
Lamp on side table - Joss and Main
Side Table - Pottery Barn (years ago and has since been painted)
Coffee Table - Pottery Barn (also years ago and has since be made over - you can read more here)
Rug - Rugs USA, Satara Edison Nickel Rug (I got the 7'6" by 9'6" but wish I had gone up at least one size larger!)
Runner - Home Decorator's Collection
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's 
Basket on Coffee Table - Savvy in Williamsburg
Tall French Cabinet - consignment shop (you can read about that makeover here
Wreath on cabinet - Savvy in Williamsburg
Pink Pillows - Target
Greenery in Urns on Mantel - Jasmine from Trader Joe's

I've got lots more pictures coming as I continue to edit all the ones I took this past week of several different rooms - inlcluding two spaces I haven't shown on here yet - our upstairs hallway and the other guest bedroom!

Have a fabulous week!

35 comments:

  1. Looking at how that wire candliere looks - you absolutely must replace that when the time comes with a white electric chandy as close to that as possible. It really looks perfect there - I absolutely love it....so nice to know ahead of time what's right for that space.

    Your new home is amazing. I love your neutrals so your pink is totally pop for me, but looks great with your tulips. I almost popped over to TJ the other day for tulips....but visit me at my post today to see what kind of weather we're dealing with at the moment. Always love when you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the pops of pink. Wish I had a Trader Joe's nearby for some tulips!

    I was curious how the chalk paint is holding up on your dining table? I have a similar table and it has gotten beaten up over the years by my kids. I am thinking of making it over with chalk paint but with all the spills we have on a daily basis, am not sure how it will hold up. Any advice or tips? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I can't really say yet, I still have to add the second coat and the wax before I'll really be able to tell.

      Delete
  3. Loving the pops of pink - even if they are only temporary! And the pink tulips have my heart beating a mile a minute - my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post!! Tudo por aqui é encantador e aconchegante! Parabéns pelo enorme bom gosto:) Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. What and incredible job! WOW the room now looks so beautiful and relazing! I adore every single corner and love the pink pops!
    ciaoo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looks amazing - the before and afters and unbelievable - and I love the pops of pink! Do you mind sharing where you got your wire chandelier? I'm guessing it was a vintage find but thought I'd ask - I'd love to find one just like it that uses candles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kris! Its from Savvy in Williamsburg. I got it about 5 1/2 years ago though--they no long carry it. Sorry!

      Delete
  7. I also love the pink! It's festive and fun :) Thanks for the tip on tulips from Trader Joe's. I think I'll have to get some for myself!
    renaissancemermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a dream your kitchen. Such wonderful photos. May your home be blessed always.And thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and fresh! Perfect post for a winter day : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the happiest colors to me is Hot Pink! I love it especially against the back drop of all the neutrals. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks beautiful and I just love it! I am just curious though, do you have a pantry? and where is it located? Also, how do you always hide all the day to day stuff like mail, girls school papers, etc. It is always so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angle! There are pictures of the pantry doors in a post a little while back (http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/painting-doors-and-changing-out-knobs.html). We use a kitchen cupboard for mail, and put the girls' school stuff in the hall closet. I don't like clutter so its nice having those things tucked away but still easy to reach.

      Delete
  12. Jennifer....I think every time I come by I like what you've done better than the last time. With all this snow and cold we've been having, I must say those pink tulips look heavenly. Scrolling through the photos was like a breath of springtime!!

    I co-host Project Inspire{d} that goes live on Monday nights at 8 ET at AnExtraordinaryDay.net. It would be so fun to have you link up this beautiful and inspiring post, Jennifer!

    Hope your week is Extraordinary!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jennifer it's so beautiful and cute with the pops of pink. It is such an incredible transformation (I'm speechless)!! The chandelier looks SO great, and i really love the chalkboard on the wall. My kids want me to do this so bad, I think I will☺ Thanks for sharing your beautiful home, it's very inspiring--♥Angie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm jealous of those $1.99 tulips! I checked our local grocery the other day and they were $8.99, ugh! That said, your home is lovely as always, Jennifer. Looking forward to seeing what else you're hiding up your sleeve:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Una maravilla de salón, el cambio es espectacular.
    abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks so pretty and inviting! I would love to sit here :) I have had tulips everywhere in my house this week. I need Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the placemats! To change the subject, would you mind telling the nme and color of shades in ur bedroom from Lowes? I know you said they were discontinued but they might have some left here where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are called Style Selections in the color "Pecan Finish."

      Delete
  18. You amaze me Jennifer! How do you get so much done:)??? It looks so beautiful, as always. Your entire house is stunning! I featured your past master bedroom as a reference to Kendall Charcoal, hope that is ok:). Have a wonderful day! Love the pops of pink!
    Jen -City Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything is lovely! Did you make your shade over the kitchen sink or purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashlee! You can read more about the valence I made here: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/our-faux-roman-shade.html

      Delete
  20. Your home is gorgeous! Always one of my go-tos for inspiration. I'm curious how all the painted trim is holding up? We moved into a home with dark wood trim in March, and everything got painted white. Now I'm noticing Knicks and scratches here and there and not sure what to do. Does this happen to you and what do you do about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brittany! It has held up really well, except for a couple of spots we bumped when moving furniture, but I was able to touch those up really quickly.

      Delete
  21. Love your home. It's so inviting and beautiful! What are the plants you have in your urns on the mantle? My family room has a 20' ceiling and I have been looking for a tall plant like that to put on either side of a old nut drying rack I have hanging. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your home is so inviting and beautiful! What are the plants you have in your urns on the mantel? I have been looking for a tall plant to put on my mantle in our family room which has a 20' ceiling so it has to be something with some height, and these look perfect. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are Jasmine from Trader Joe's (you can find this along with other source information in the source list above).

      Delete
  23. Your home is amazing. So beautiful!!! And that chandelier is gorgeous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your rooms are so pretty! I especially like your gray kitchen cabinets...I noticed in your source list you said they are painted London Fog, but could you tell me what paint company it's from? Ben Moore? Thanks! Elle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...